Sunday, February 25, 2007

An Entry Written Whilst Essay Writing

The Oscars were smashingly excellent, although they lacked the shock value and hilarity of last year, I must admit (there was nothing on par with the absurdity of Three 6 Mafia, and no speeches given in complete hysterics). I did, just for the record, win the award-winner-prediction contest, although Matt was only one behind (one of my correct guesses was disqualified by a highly biased jury), and I ate enough potato chips to feed a small country. There’s much to discuss about the Oscars, but I must keep this concise, as this is only my break from finishing a paper on racial profiling. I’ll have to write an Oscar entry later this week when school and work settle down a bit, and after I’ve heard the podcast’s feelings on the whole shebang. On another note, I’m quite sad to see reading week come to an end; it was a week full of silliness, partying with dear friends, much movie-watching, reading, and generally being languorous. I’m rather exhausted tonight after writing an essay for much of the day (that rhymed!), but I certainly had enough rest this past week to last a while. This is likely the most pointless blog entry of all time, but it made for a good break from reading about charter sections and examiner bias. Anyhow, discussion of racial profiling awaits!

P.S. It is true. I do bear a striking resemblance to the Oscar statuette. It’s simply uncanny.

No comments: